We all know that Search Engine Optimisation can be tricky. Your business have different needs and there will be times that you will need to talk to an SEO consultant. Gaining position for keywords vary depending on the location and monthly search volume. There are many ways you can optimize your website for search but some tasks are tedious and won’t really help you gain position. The real challenge is trying to figure out which factors are easy to leverage but will grant you Return Of Investment in the long run. As a leading SEO company we felt the need to help out small businesses gain position and understand the value of Local Search Engine Optimisation. By combining simple On Page and Off Page SEO factors you will be able to get traction.
So we created 5 basic search optimization tips that you can apply to your website in order for it to be visible in Google Search Engine Results Page.
- Citations – Your brand is important, and your listings have to be consistent. Your Name, Address & Phone number has to get listed without errors. This means you have to make sure that crucial information is included. There are directories that will require your company’s start date, company email address, store hours and the proper category must be selected. This might seem a bit difficult at first but once you submit to the right websites, you will gain more visibility. Applying your Company Name, Address and Phone number to the footer is the industry standard. Images help with clicks and conversion so make sure you have nice images of your store front and office. These are options available when you claim your Google Maps Location or simply optimize your Google My Business Page.
- Meta Data – Consistency and clicks are key to get the right amount of traffic. Meta Descriptions are click through factors as they influence would be visitors to go to your website. By supplying an answer to questions and giving visitors an idea of what your page is about, you actually help them make a decision before they click on any search engine result. Make sure your naming convention stays consistent and your keywords are included when optimizing your Meta data. Industry standards are 512.
- Optimise Content – Content is still one of the strongest ranking factors in Search. You need to create compelling content that will help visitors understand more about your services versus what your competitor wrote. This is step will determine your success since you are the industry expert and master of your products and services. By applying readability as a metric and inserting keywords within your content, you leverage latent semantic indexing. Your landing page needs to have content revolving around your main keyword while making sure that the content is easy to digest and the intent is to educate versus promote. Adding multiple content formats like images, videos, infographics and pdfs will help your readers consume your content better. Content requires a marketing budget. Creating content is not enough, you will also need to boost your content and market it so that your target audience can actually read your articles.
- Google – Google loves Google and wants you to be successful. This is why they gave us free tools to help understand activities on your website better. Google Search Console formerly Web Master Tools allows you to fix errors on your website and even shows you which Keywords your website is relevant for. Yes you read it right, before you consider paying for third party keyword tools, you can actually dive into Google Search Console and look at Search Analytics for your Keyword, Position & Clicks. Google Search console will also allow you to optimize your Robots.txt file and Sitemap as they provide tools that allow you to test and enhance these files. Structured Data help search engines understand elements of your website better and Google has Data Highlighter built within Google Search Console to help you highlight articles, images, titles and even product information. Google Search Console also gives you warnings about thin, content, webspam and any violation of the guidelines via Messages. Google Analytics help you analyse and track traffic on your website. This tool shows customer journey by giving you access to the Behavior tab. Google Analytics also help you setup filters if you don’t want to include traffic coming from certain website or IP Addresses. Google Analytics also lets you track and tag pages if you wish to measure conversion and setup Goals. Analytics will also help you minimise the bounce rate by letting you track customer experience throughout your website. By combining these two powerful Google tools, you are able to leverage Search Engine Optimisation and traffic conversion like a pro. All Search Engine Optimisation experts follow the Google Webmaster Guidelines and work on Search Console and Analytics to make sure that the website they manage are compliant. As SEO managers we are required to monitor the health of each website per industry on a daily, weekly or monthly basis. When Google makes changes in the algorithm, these tools are the first place SEOs use.
- Social – It’s no big secret that social is the go to place for news, buzz and industry updates. Social platforms such as Facebook allow you to get data and target your audience intelligently via Ads. Yes Facebook gives you the ability to boost posts, advertise click or call campaigns. Advertising aside, Facebook has grown from a simple platform to a full on marketing playground. Majority of our friends, family and co-workers are on Facebook. Businesses are on Facebook. And if you want to know what people are saying about an existing business then you may want to look at Facebook groups, Pages and Reviews. People actually go to Facebook to sell products and promote their services. Facebook Insights allow you to monitor your campaigns and gives you the chance to increase your popularity with minimal costs. User generated content or simply customer reviews/feedback are important and Facebook is the first place that people visit to get information about your business. If you value your business then you have to get social and gain traction from your network because this is the right place to start from. LinkedIn provides you a more professional platform and reputable companies or brands can be found in LinkedIn. This is also a place to recruit talent, look at competition and attract investors. LinkedIn has a simplified advertising platform that lets you reach the right network. User generated content is a ranking factor and by having these social signals present you leverage free content and reviews to your website.
Final thoughts, there are many ranking factors out there that will help you rank. These 5 items will help you get started and gain relevant ranking positions within a short amount of time. All of these items have been tested and are proven to work for Businesses around the world. Your competitors are already doing this so start today and enable prospects to find you when they search in Google. Google and Facebook will let you get conversion and are expected to grow even bigger when it comes to Paid Advertising this year.